Card frauds are on the rise and many people have lost their hard-earned money to such frauds. In case you are a victim of card fraud, the first thing you must do is contact your bank and get your debit or credit card blocked. This is done to avoid fraudulent and unauthorized transactions on your card. In this blog, we will discuss how SBI customers can block their card if it is stolen or hit by fraud.
The country's largest lender State Bank India (SBI); offers 4 options to customers to block their ATM cards. Blocking the card can be done both online and offline. Cardholders can use any one of these options and block cards easily.
See Also: How to avoid debit card frauds in India?
1. To block SBI debit card online, you must visit www.onlinesbi.com and login to your net banking portal using the username and password.
2. You then must select the e-Services and click on the 'ATM card services' option.
3. After selecting the ATM card services, a new page appears where the 'Block ATM card' option must be selected.
4. All your account numbers get displayed. You must select the account whose debit card must be blocked.
5. Click on continue once you are done selecting the bank account.
6. In the next step, you must select the ATM card number you want to block and mention the reason for blocking the card. Once you are done selecting all requisite options click on 'Submit'.
7. You must then select the mode of authenticating the request. You can either select the OTP number or use the Profile Password.
8. Click on 'Confirm' once you are done entering OTP or the profile password. As soon as the card is blocked, you will receive a ticket number via an SMS alert.
Note: If you block your SBI debit card using net banking, you won't be able to unblock it through internet banking. You will have to visit the SBI branch.
To block your SBI debit card you must call 'SBI Customer Care Numbers' 24x7 helpline number 1800 11 2211 (toll-free), 1800 425 3800 (toll-free) or 080-26599990.
You can even block your SBI debit card through an SMS. To block your SBI debit card through SMS, your mobile number must be registered with your bank account. To block your debit card, you have to send SMS 'BLOCK XXXX' to 567676. Here XXXX is the last four digits of your bank account.
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit IndianMoney.com’s complaint portal IamCheated.com and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis. You can also publish reviews about companies on IamCheated.com