Many citizens were worried that they had to link Aadhaar number with bank accounts, mobile numbers, and e-wallets. Now in a major relief, the Supreme Court of India has struck down Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act, that permitted private entities like telecom companies and banks to use Aadhaar data. The court has also supported the existence of Aadhaar saying ample measures have been taken to protect data and it has also asked the Government to take more security measures.
1. Your telecom service providers cannot force you to link Aadhaar number with SIM card. Aadhaar Number cannot be taken while issuing a new SIM card.
2. You are not required to provide Aadhaar card while opening a new bank account and there is no need to link aadhaar number with the existing bank account.
3. Mobile Wallets cannot demand aadhaar data for verification.
4. Aadhaar card is not mandatory for school admissions.
5. Aadhaar is not required for government job exams or UGC, CBSE, NEET and so on.
6. Private companies cannot ask for Aadhaar identification.
Many people have this question; will I be able to delink the aadhaar which is already linked to the mobile number and bank account? Yes, according to the rules, you will be able to delink the aadhaar number which is linked with a bank account, mobile number, and e-wallets.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can delink aadhaar which is linked with your bank account, mobile number and e-wallet.
There is no option to delink your aadhaar number from bank account online. You have to visit your bank branch personally to carry out this process.
This is how you can delink your aadhaar number from bank account
Step 1: Visit the bank branch where you hold an account.
Step 2: Collect the form to delink Aadhaar from the officer at the bank.
Step 3: Fill the form and submit it.
Step 4: Your Aadhaar card will be delinked within 2 days.
Step 5: You call the bank and identify if your aadhaar has been delinked or not.
To delink the aadhaar from your mobile number, you need to visit your telecom operator and submit the duly filled form requesting a delink from aadhaar number vis-a-vis SIM card. Your aadhaar will be delinked within 2 days. You can also call your telecom operator and confirm if the aadhaar has been delinked or not.
To delink your aadhaar from digital wallets, you must call the customer care of the digital wallet company and ask them to send you an e-mail to delink your Aadhaar. You will then receive an e-mail from the company asking that you attach a clear softcopy of your Aadhaar. You need to reply to the mail with the scanned picture of Aadhaar card. You will then receive a mail confirming that your Aadhaar will be delinked within 72 hours.