Home > Blog > How To File A Complaint Against Banks?

How To File A Complaint Against Banks?

IamCheated.com Research Team | February 15, 2018  7:55:pm

1. Lodge a complaint with your bank

If you have any complaint against your bank, the first thing you do is, contact your bank and register a complaint with them. Complaints such as illegal electronic transactions, levying unnecessary charges, mis-selling of financial products and so on, can be filed with the bank. You can lodge a complaint by calling the banks customer care number or post it on the bank's website. Banks usually take some days, to resolve your complaint.     

2. Contact the Banking Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with the banks response or they do not resolve your issue within 1 month, you can approach the banking ombudsman. The Banking ombudsman resolves the banking issues posted by customers.

The Banking Ombudsman Scheme was introduced in the year 2006. All scheduled commercial banks, scheduled primary cooperative banks and regional rural banks are covered under the Banking Ombudsman Scheme.

Before approaching the Banking Ombudsman, it is compulsory to register a complaint with the respective bank. If you do not have proof that you have already filed the complaint with your bank, the Banking Ombudsman will reject your complaint. You don't have to pay any charges for filing a complaint with the banking ombudsman. You should approach the banking ombudsman within one year of action taken by the bank.

If you are not happy with the Banking Ombudsman, you can contact the appellate authority within 45 days. This is the RBI Deputy Governor.

3. Lodge a complaint with the consumer court

You can also approach the consumer court and file a complaint against the bank. Before approaching the consumer court, you should have proof that you have already registered a complaint with the bank. If you have approached the Banking Ombudsman, you should have proof for it.

On the basis of the amount of loss, you can file a complaint before a District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, a State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission or the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.

Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint.