Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the government. Aadhaar card is a very important document and it is issued to every citizen of India. It is issued by taking a person's biometric details like iris, fingerprints and demographic information like date of birth and address.
Unlike the voter ID and PAN card, Aadhaar card is not created for any specific purpose. It is a universally acceptable government-issued card and it can be used for a number of things. It is commonly used as an address proof, identity proof and proof of age while applying to various government services.
If you are eligible for any government subsidies, you must have an Aadhaar card to avail them. You can avail subsidies only after producing your Aadhaar card. It is done mainly to avoid funds being diverted by fraudsters.
Aadhaar Card is also used for filing ITR, investing in mutual funds and so on. While the Aadhaar card is used for so many things, losing it can be a nightmare. In this blog, we will discuss the steps which can help you get a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card.
To get a duplicate aadhaar card online, the mobile number and email id registered with UIDAI must be active. This is because you will get an OTP (One Time Password) to recover your Aadhaar details.
You May Also Watch
Follow the steps below to download a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card online:
1. To get a duplicate aadhaar card, you must visit the official UIDAI website at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
2. Once you visit the website, you have to scroll down and select ‘Aadhaar Number’ under ‘Retrieve your Lost EID/UID’ section. You then fill out personal information like your full name, email address, and registered mobile number and so on.
After filling the necessary information, you need to enter the security code and click on “Send One Time Password (OTP)”. As mentioned earlier if the registered mobile number and email Id are active, you will receive the OTP. Enter the OTP and click on Verify OTP”.
3. Once the above process is complete, you will receive a message sent to your mobile containing your Aadhaar or Enrolment number.
4. After receiving the Aadhaar number or enrolment id, you have to visit the website at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/. You have to enter your Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID, full name, pin code, security code provided and mobile number.
5. After providing all the requisite information, the OTP will be sent to your mobile number or email ID. You need to enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’.
6. Your Aadhaar will be generated in the form of a PDF file and it will be password protected. To unlock the file you need to enter your Pincode.
If your mobile number is not registered with the UIDAI, you can visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and make a request for a duplicate Aadhaar.
Steps to follow: