PAN Card is a very important document issued by the Income Tax Department. Here PAN stands for Permanent Account Number which is a 10-digit alphanumeric. PAN card is important for carrying out various financial transactions like filing ITR, opening a bank account, investing in stocks and much more. PAN card also serves as your identity proof.
As certain financial transactions cannot be carried out without a PAN card, it is good to have your PAN card with you all the time. In case you lose your PAN card, it is impossible to carry out transactions where PAN card is mandatory. So, in this blog, we will discuss how to get a duplicate PAN card online.
If you have lost your PAN card, do not panic. Simply follow the below-mentioned procedure and avail a new PAN card.
See Also: Uses Of PAN Card
a) You can get this service only if your PAN application was processed earlier through NSDL e-gov and/or e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department.
b) The mobile number and email id which you have given for the PAN application must be active as you will be receiving OTP to carry out the procedure.
1. To request for a duplicate PAN card, you must visit the website https://www.tin-nsdl.com/.
2. On the homepage of the website, you have to click 'Services' and choose the 'PAN' option. Once you click on the PAN option a new page will appear where you must select the option 'Reprint of PAN Card'.
3. You must then enter your PAN, Aadhaar number and date of birth. After providing this information, you must select the checkbox which says you are allowing the use of Aadhaar data for the purpose of reprinting your PAN card.
4. Enter the captcha code shown on the screen and hit the submit button.
5. You must select the option through which you have to receive the one-time password (OTP). You can either select a mobile number, email id or both.
6. After providing the details, you must select the tick box and confirm that your PAN card will be printed as per the details available with the income tax department.
7. You then click on generate OTP. The OTP will be sent to your registered email id, mobile number or both.
8. Enter the OTP you have received in the given box and click on submit. The OTP will be valid for 10 minutes.
9. After entering the OTP, you must make the payment.
10. You must pay Rs 50 as fees for reprinting of PAN card. If the reprinted PAN card is to be delivered to a foreign address, you have to make the payment of Rs 959.
11. After the payment is made, your transaction details will be shown on the screen. You have to click on continue to generate and print the payment receipt.
After all the procedures are done, you will receive an SMS with your acknowledgment number. There will be a link to download your e-PAN.
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit IndianMoney.com’s complaint portal IamCheated.com and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis. You can also publish reviews about companies on IamCheated.com.