As the number of people transacting online is on the rise, online frauds too increase. There have been many instances where people have lost their money to internet banking fraud. As online frauds have become a big problem, India's largest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI) has come up with a new feature, where customers can lock net banking access.
When the net banking account is locked, it gets disabled. It can be unlocked whenever required. This facility can be used only by retail users and not by corporate users. Before locking your Internet banking, you should write down your profile password and keep it safe.
You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to lock access to SBI Net banking:
1. To lock SBI net banking access, you must first visit www.onlinesbi.com.
2. On the website, you must select the option "Lock & Unlock Users". Once you click a new window would open.
3. On the new page, you must select the option "Lock User Action" from the drop-down menu. You then fill details like username, account number, and captcha code.
4. After you provide all the required details, a message will appear on the screen. Which says:
5. If you agree to the above-mentioned conditions, you just need to click Ok.
6. Once you click on Ok, you would receive an OTP to the registered mobile number and email ID. If the account is in Joint name; the OTP would be sent to the primary account holder’s mobile number.
7. As soon as you enter the OTP, your net banking access is locked.
You can even unlock internet banking facility whenever required. You can unlock either online on through the SBI website or through the bank branch.
1. To unlock the SBI net banking facility, you must visit www.onlinesbi.com.
2. On the website, you need to select the option "Lock & Unlock Users". A new window would open.
3. Select the option "Lock User Action" from the drop-down menu. Next, fill details like username, account number, and captcha code.
4. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number.
5. After you enter the OTP, you will be asked if you want to unlock access through profile password' or through home branch'.
6. If you are selecting the option, profile password, you must enter your profile password and then submit. If you want to unlock through a home branch, you must visit your home branch and unlock it.
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit IndianMoney.com’s complaint portal IamCheated.com and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis. You can also publish reviews about companies on IamCheated.com.