Flipkart is India's largest online store, which sells a huge range of products across India. Just like Amazon, Flipkart is also an intermediary that helps sellers connect with buyers. Flipkart does not restrict itself to the sale of just one product category, instead, it sells a wide variety of products. Customers can buy many things on Flipkart which include clothing, footwear, mobile phones, cosmetics, books, accessories, laptops, consumer durables, groceries and so on.
If Flipkart has to sell any products on its platform, it must first register the sellers. In this blog, we will discuss how sellers can register themselves on Flipkart to sell any products they wish.
1. To sell any product on Flipkart, a seller has to register on seller.flipkart.com.
2. Once a person is registered as a seller, he needs to list his products on the website under a specific category.
3. As soon as a customer orders the product, the seller will get a notification. He has to pack the product and mark it as ‘Ready to Dispatch’. The order will be picked by the Flipkart logistics team and delivered at the customer specified address. Seller does not have to worry on delivering the product to the customers.
4. Once the order is successfully delivered, the payment will be made by Flipkart to the seller within 7-15 business days.
1. To sell the product on Flipkart, the seller must have his own business.
2. The seller must have GSTIN/TIN ID to sell the product on Flipkart. It is not mandatory for a few categories.
3. A seller must have a valid PAN card to register on Flipkart. Personal PAN for business type 'Proprietorship" and Business PAN for business type “Company.
4. The payment is sent directly to the seller's bank account. So the seller is required to give the bank account number and supporting KYC documents (Address Proof, Cancelled Cheque). The amount will be remitted through NEFT.
Sellers can sell a wide variety of products on Flipkart which include clothing, footwear, laptops, books, mobile phones, jewelry, kitchen items, musical instruments, watches, personal computers, toys, handbags, stationery sports item, baby care and so on.
1. Flipkart has more than 10 crore registered customers, 10 million daily page visits and it ships 80 lakh shipments each month. So, you can improve your business by listing your product on Flipkart.
2. Seller is not concerned vis-a-vis delivering the product to customers, as it’s taken care of by the Flipkart logistics team.
3. Flipkart does not charge any listing fees for listing the product on Flipkart. After the sale is made, the amount will be credited to customer’s bank account, after deducting commissions.