Aadhaar is a very important identification document; issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to all the citizens of India. This document consists of both demographic and biometric data of the holder. This document can be used as an address proof as well as ID proof. Now, it is mandatory to have Aadhaar card at many places.
Sometimes; people lose or misplace the Aadhaar card. There is no need to panic in such situations as UIDAI has come up with a hassle-free way, where you will be allowed to re-print your Aadhaar card. You can make use of "Order Aadhaar Reprint" service to retrieve lost Aadhaar card or Enrolment ID online. This service which is under pilot testing will help the citizens of India get their Aadhaar card reprint by paying nominal charges.
You can raise the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" request by visiting the UIDAI Official Website or Resident Portal using the 12 digit Aadhaar Number (UID) or 16 digit Virtual Identification Number (VID). To avail this service, your phone number must be registered with the Aadhaar database, as you will receive a one-time password (OTP). Even though your mobile number is not registered, you can avail this service by using Non-Registered / Alternate Mobile Number.
You will have to pay Rs 50 for “Order Aadhaar Reprint”. This is inclusive of GST & speed post charges.
1. To raise a request for Aadhaar card re-print, you must visit UIDAI's website, www.uidai.gov.in.
2. In the website, you have to click on “Order Aadhaar Reprint” Service.
3. You will be taken to a new tab where you will be asked to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number (UID) or 16 digits Virtual Identification Number (VID).
4. OTP will be sent to your mobile number which will be valid for 10 minutes. You have to enter the OTP and click on the box agreeing to 'Terms and Conditions'. Then click on Submit.
5. Once you enter the OTP, a preview of the Aadhaar details appear on the screen which you can verify. You must see if the details displayed on the screen are correct.
8. Once you verify all the details, you must click on “Make payment". You will be taken to the payment gateway. You can make a payment via credit card, debit card, Net banking or UPI.
1. You have to visit the UIDAI website, ie. www.uidai.gov.in and click on “Order Aadhaar Reprint” service.
2. You then have to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number (UID) or 16 digits Virtual Identification Number (VID).
3. If you do not have a mobile number registered with the Aadhaar database, click on the checkbox and enter non-registered or alternate mobile number.
4. Click on “Send OTP” after you enter your non-registered or alternate mobile number.
5. After you enter the OTP you have to click on the checkbox against "Terms and Conditions".
6. To complete OTP verification, you need to click on submit.
7. After you enter the OTP, a preview of the Aadhaar details appear on the screen, which you can verify and make a payment.
After you place a request, the reprinted copy of your Aadhaar is delivered to your address within 15 days via Speed Post.
See Also: How To Lock Aadhaar Card Online?
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit IndianMoney.com’s complaint portal IamCheated.com and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis. You can also publish reviews about companies on IamCheated.com.