Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), has partnered with cab aggregator Ola, to provide an end-to-end transportation service to the passengers of Indian Railways. This partnership allows passengers to book an Ola cab, when they access the IRCTC Rail Connect App or the IRCTC website. The six-month pilot project covers more than 110 cities across India.
According to the IRCTC official website, the Ola cab facility on the rail connect app and the IRCTC website, provide all services offered such as Ola Micro, Ola Mini, Ola Auto, Ola Share, Prime Sedan, Outstation, Rental and so on. But, customers who book tickets on the IRCTC website and app, will not be entitled to any discounts.
You can book the cab a week in advance
You will be able book cabs up to seven days in advance, or even on reaching the railway station. The IRCTC outlets at railway stations or Ola's self-serving kiosk, will also enable commuters to book cabs.
An IRCTC spokesperson has said that the partnership will provide first-and-last-mile connectivity to all commuters. "The ease of travel of our commuters is of prime importance to us and we believe that this association will help in delivering unparalleled convenience to the users on our platform, fostering and strengthening the culture of Digital India," he said.
How to book Ola cab through the IRCTC website?
1. Login to the IRCTC website (irctc.co.in)
2. Under the tourism option, you must select 'Cab'
3. Once you click on 'Cab' you will be redirected to book.olacabs.com
4. You will then have to enter your pick and drop location.
5. Once you enter your pick up and drop location, you will be asked to select whether you want an immediate ride, or wish to schedule it for the future.
6. You then select your preferred cab option.
7. Your booking will be confirmed once you make the payment.