Online shopping is gaining popularity day by day. Now, most of the citizens prefer online shopping over offline shopping due to the convenience it offers and a huge range of offers and discounts. With the help of online shopping, you can buy a wide variety of products with just a click of the button. As online shopping is increasing rapidly, frauds associated with online shopping are also increasing. There is a huge number of complaints against online shopping portals across India. Fraudsters have come up with many techniques to cheat innocent people with their hard earned money.
According to the study, about 61% of consumers globally are not happy with their online shopping experience during the last holiday season. This figure is quite high when compared to 47% in 2017, and 41% in 2016. You will be shocked to know that more than 90% of consumer complaints received by the Consumer Guidance Society of India is relating to e-commerce. Many consumer complaints portal in India are flushed with online shopping complaints.
1. Complaints regarding fake product
2. Complaints regarding delayed delivery
3. Complaints regarding damaged product
4. Complaints regarding refund
5. Complaints regarding product return
6. Complaints regarding non-delivery of the product
7. Complaints regarding online frauds and scams
Online shopping frauds complaints are on rise. Many people have been cheated by exciting offers which seem too good to be true. People get fooled by what they see. They are shown some great products on the website and they are tempted to buy the product immediately by making the payment online. Websites which sell fake products instead of the genuine products, usually do not accept cash on delivery and ask you to make the payment online. After making the payment, customers will be either delivered fake or they will not be delivered product at all.
In case you have been cheated by an online shopping portal, all you have to do is contact the customer care of the company and register a complaint with them. You can raise a complaint with the online shopping portal by calling the helpline number or by sending an email to the support mail Id. You can find the contacts details of the company on its website. Usually, fake online shopping portals will not have any contact details. So make sure to check this before shopping on any portal.
Big companies like Amazon and Flipkart have a reputation to protect so they resolve complaints quickly. These companies respond to each and every complaints posted by the consumers. Usually, online shoppers get cheated when they shop in small unknown Companies. These Companies do not bother about their brand reputation and function like fly-by-night operators. They accept payments from customer and disappear. They never reply to the consumer complaints.
If you have been cheated by an online shopping portal or if you do not receive any response from them you can post your complaint on Indianmoney.com complaints portal IamCheated.com. Iamcheated.com is a free online consumer complaints portal, which registers consumer complaints online and helps to resolve it.
As soon as the complaint is posted on Indianmoney.com complaints portal Iamcheated.com, it is sent immediately to the concerned company for resolution purpose. Usually, it takes less than 5 working days before the complainant gets a response from the company. IamCheated.com does not charge money from consumers for resolving the complaints posted on its website.
1. You can post your complaint on IamCheated.com by clicking on "Lodge your Complaint" tab on the homepage of the website.
2. Once you click on lodge your complaint button, you will be taken to a new page, where are required to provide complete details on the complaint. If you have any documents supporting the compliant you can upload them.
3. Once you have provided all required information regarding the complaint, you have to complete the registration process. Completing the registering process is very important to maintain the authenticity of every complaint posted. Once you register by providing your mobile number and OTP, your complaint will be posted on IamCheated.com.
1. IamCheated.com adopts social media campaign to resolve complaints posted on the website. Complaints will be shared across the social media and this can help in resolving the complaints as brands give more importance to the brand reputation.
2. IamCheated.com also sends an official email to the respective company, asking them to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
If you wish to take legal action against the online shopping portal you can also file your complaint on the consumer court. If you want to file a written complaint in person, you have to visit the consumer forum and file a complaint by paying the prescribed fees.