Online shopping has become very common these days. In this busy World, people love shopping online because of the convenience it offers. I personally prefer online shopping to offline shopping, as I can buy whatever I need, while still relaxing on my bed. Not only convenience, online shopping portals also offer a wide range of discounts and cashbacks, which will help save money.
We all know that online shopping has got many advantages, but at the same time, it has also has risks associated with it. You have to be very careful while shopping online as online frauds are increasing.
You May Also Watch:
If you are a regular shopper online, you might be in the habit of saving card details on e-commerce websites forfuture purchases. But, saving card details on websites is very risky and can lead to financial frauds.
According to recent reports, more than 7,000 e-commerce websites worldwide have been infected by a data-stealing malware. You will be shocked to know that even people who had not stored card details on websites for future purchases,were also atrisk. The malware steals information like username, passwords, credit card information and other personal details. E-commerce websites have become major targets for hackers as they generally have access tohuge volumes of customer data.
According to a security researcher, the malware named MagentoCore has been affecting online portals that use the Magento software. In the last six months, this malware has been installed in more than 7,339 online stores and is affecting more than 50 new websites each day.
To crack the admin panel password, the malware executes attacks of brute-force. As soon as the password gets cracked, the malware injects a malicious piece of code to the HTML. This code will record all key strokes of customers and send it back to the hacker’s main server.
SEE ALSO: Things To Check Before Buying A Home
1. It is a common habit among online shoppers, to save card details on e-commerce sites. This can lead to financial fraud, so you must avoid storing card details on e-commerce sites.
2. Keep track of your credit card statements and do not forget to go through them carefully, before paying the bills. In case you find any suspicious activity, report it to the bank immediately. You can also get your card blocked.It pays to be safe.
3. Whenever you shop online, make sure the website is genuine and trusted. You should also check customers reviews of the company. This can be done very easily, using the Google Search Engine.
4. It is advisable to opt for cash on delivery if you are making a purchase from an e-commerce company for the first time.
5. Before providing card details on any website, make sure the page URL starts with https:// or it has a lock symbol in the browser bar.
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's consumer complaint portal Iamcheated.com can help you resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint.