Technology has helped us in many ways and it has made our lives really easy. But at the same time, there are many drawbacks of technology. Fraudsters are using technology to commit frauds and make quick money. These days online frauds are increasing rapidly and many innocent people have fallen victim to online frauds and have lost lakhs of Rupees. So, it is very important for you to be very careful while transacting online.
You have to be very careful while carrying out banking transactions as bank frauds are on the rise. To make customers aware of online frauds, the State Bank of India, SBI, has sent alerts many times on fake apps and websites available in the name of SBI. Recently, it has asked customers to be aware of fake social media accounts in SBI's name.
See Also: How to get new SBI ATM card?
Apart from these methods, many fraudsters are using fake social media accounts in the name of banks to cheat customers of their hard earned money.
To warn customers on fake social media accounts, the State Bank of India SBI has said in its official Twitter account, “Do not invest your time and money interacting with fake accounts on social media. Follow, tag and interact with only the verified, official handles of SBI, to ensure that your comments, complaints, and inquiries get adequately addressed and you are not scammed by fraudsters.”
These are the social media accounts of SBI
On Facebook - @StateBankOfIndia
On Instagram - @theofficialsbi
On Twitter - @TheOfficialSBi
On Linkedin - State Bank of India (SBI)
On Google+ - State Bank of India
On Youtube - State Bank of India
On Quora - State Bank of India (SBI)
1. To identify if the social media account is fake or not, you need to check the updates posted by the profile. The updates posted by fake accounts will be quite old or there would be spelling mistakes.
2. You must check the verification indicator on the social media accounts. For instance: On Facebook, there will be a blue circle with a white checkmark next to the account name. This indicates that the social media account is verified.
3. You must go through the subscribers' list of social media accounts. The real accounts will have the maximum number of subscribers.
4. If the social media account asks you to provide personal banking information, it is an indicator of a fake account. Real accounts will not ask you to provide personal banking information.
5. Another indicator of a fake account is sending of the same links, multiple times within a short period of time, which asks you to provide personal banking information.
See Also: How To Avoid Bank Fraud: Review By IndianMoney
Have a complaint against any company? IndianMoney.com's complaint portal IamCheated.com can help resolve the issue. Just visit IamCheated.com and lodge your complaint. If you want to post a review on any company you can post it on IndianMoney review and complaint portal IamCheated.com.