Cab aggregators have really made our lives easy. If we want to travel from one place to another, we prefer cabs as they are convenient. When you book a cab, the driver will pick you up from the doorstep and drop you right at the place where you want to travel. Uber is one of the famous cab aggregators in India.
Sometimes, people leave their valuables in cabs as they are in a rush. If you have done the same, do not panic. There is a way to retrieve the item which you have left in the cab. In this blog, we will discuss what to do if you have left something in an Uber cab. The first thing you must do when you have left something in the Uber cab is to call up the driver. Here are the steps you need to follow to call the driver when you have left your valuables in the cab.
See Also: Uber helpline number to report issues
1. To contact the Uber driver, you must first log in to your Uber app.
2. Click on the menu button present on the top-left of the page.
3. In the menu, you have to select Your Trips option.
4. Out of the listed trips you must select the trip in which you have lost the item.
5. After selecting the trip, you must select the option "I lost an item". This option will be present under the Help category.
6. In the next step, you must click on the option "Contact driver about a lost item ".
7. After you click on the "Contact driver about a lost item option", you must enter your phone number in the given space. Your number is offered to Uber. In case you have lost your phone in the cab, you can provide your friends or family member’s numbers.
8. Uber will immediately call the number you have provided and connect you to the driver.
9. When the call is connected to the driver you have to speak to him regarding the item you have lost and discuss how it can be collected.
If the driver is not picking up the call, you can leave a voicemail. The voice mail must contain detailed information on the issue.
If you have lost the item in a ride someone has booked for you, the process must be done through their account.
Note: After the trip ends, neither Uber nor drivers are responsible for the items left in the vehicle. Uber will not guarantee that your item is with the driver or it will be delivered to you immediately.
Not happy with a product or service? Just visit IndianMoney.com’s complaint portal IamCheated.com and post your issue. We’ll get in touch with the concerned entity and help you with the resolution. With an aim to spread awareness on fraudulent activities, we publish articles and videos on a regular basis. You can also publish reviews about companies on IamCheated.com