Home > Brand Updates > McDonald’s to pay Rs 70,000 for insect in burger
McDonald’s to pay Rs 70,000 for insect in burger

McDonald’s to pay Rs 70,000 for insect in burger

Posted On : Thursday, June 6, 2019, 3:11 PM
Almost five years after he ate a burger with an insect in it at a McDonald’s India food outlet and fell sick, a Delhi resident is set to get Rs 70,000 compensation after the Delhi State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission upheld the order of a district forum. Sandeep Saxena, who lives in a east Delhi, had gone to the McDonald’s outlet in GIP Mall, Noida, on July 10, 2014. He had ordered a ‘McAloo Tikki’ burger besides other stuff. Saxena realised there was an insect inside the burger after he took a bite, following which he started vomiting. To his utter shock, when he opened the burger, he saw an insect which looked like an ant, or a mosquito, or a cockroach.
CIBIL Meter